Monday, April 8, 2013

Tray 3

I switched to tray 3 on April 5, 2013. My teeth were quite sore the first 3 days, both while wearing them as well as when they were off. The first day in particular eating crunchy items (I eat a lot of raw veges) wasn't on the menu. I had to find alternatives because OUCH! :) They aren't very sore any more aside from when I am installing the lower tray after eating. I expect in a week I won't even have that soreness (the 2nd set of trays had gotten pretty loose by the end of the 2 weeks and I was ready to change.)

There is only one other lady in our office and she saw my aligner soaking cup in the  bathroom Thursday at lunch and that gave her an opportunity to ask me about the braces. She said she had noticed them the day before. So I got a chance to talk about my braces!  That made me happy. :) I didn't want metal in my mouth but I am not actually trying to HIDE the fact that I have braces...and I KNOW people can see the attachments...they are very noticeable to me. That kind of opened up the ability to mention them to other people in the office, so now I am not as self conscious wondering if people have noticed or wonder what is on my teeth. I am getting more and more used to them, so talking to new people doesn't really bother me. Going to the grocery store, or having new vendors in the office, or guests etc. I don't think about it, just go about my business. It's not until after the fact that I will feel a level of embarrassement, which is moot at that point anyway! HELLO self - get over it already!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a good read! I'm 10 months into treatment and still find myself obsessed! Glad to see a new blog! You should add an option to "follow you" so you show up on my blog feed when you make new posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I will try to figure out how to add the follow button.

    ReplyDelete