Friday, November 29, 2013

Tray 19 & Round 1 Attachment Removal

Tray 19 was very uneventful! I have to admit I was somewhat lax with my wear time because I knew I would be wearing this set an extra 3-4 weeks while waiting on my refinements to come in. It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't in a rush to get the trays back in after meal time. I haven't had any issues.

I had my dentist appointment this morning to take off the attachments (YAY!!) and take impressions for the refinements. It turns out in September, someone had ordered the missing passive trays, because they were there in the second box... 'replacement trays' were typed on the bags and they were dated in September. I guess whoever ordered them didn't put it in my file. But since we already pretty much had a plan, I insisted we go ahead and remove the attachments and send in for refinements. I was already set on it and have really been looking forward to having the attachments removed and gone for a few weeks. It didn't take long at all to remove the attachments and it didn't hurt or bother me in the least. My teeth are so much cleaner without the attachments and excess glue! They definitely get stained over time.

Taking new impressions...sucks. Yuk!! Still old school and we had to do each arch twice. That stuff is nasty! They also took a bunch of new pictures. Pretty much like the original appointment I had for the first round. He gave me another #19 for the uppers and had me switch to aligner 20 for my lowers. In a short 3-4 weeks I'll have the refinements and start all over again.


Pre Invisalign



Tray 19 with attachments



Tray 19 no attachments



"Look, ma! No attachments! LOL"

No comments:

Post a Comment